Free Early Education for Two year olds (FEET) is an offer of up to 15 hours of free early education and childcare a week. Check the list below to see if you can get FEET funding, as it is only available to a small number of two year olds in Surrey.
If you receive one of the benefits listed below, you can apply for FEET.
- Income Support.
- Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance.
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance.
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit.
- Tax Credits and have an annual income under £16,190 before tax.
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
- Universal Credit.
Automatically Funded Criteria
If your child is in one of the groups listed below, they will be automatically eligible for FEET funding.
- Child looked after by a local council.
- Child who has been adopted or has left care through special guardianship or a child arrangements order.
- Child with a statement of special educational needs or an education, health and care plan.
- Child getting Disability Living Allowance.
If your family is successful in getting FEET, your child will be able to get a free early education place from the start of the school term after their second birthday. And you’ll be able to take up to 15 hours of free early education a week, for a total of 38 weeks. Or, if your childcare provider is open all year, you may be able to take less than 15 hours of free early education a week but spread the total number of free hours over more weeks.
The Funded Childcare Parent Portal is an online system where parents, carers or someone helping a family, can apply for funded childcare for two year olds. You can make an application here.